Our Savior’s Lutheran School makes a lasting impression on families. Located in the seaside village of San Clemente for over sixty years, Our Savior’s finds itself peacefully perched on a hill overlooking the Pacific. In today's fast paced lifestyle, where many parents find themselves working long hours and children grow up much too fast, Our Savior’s offers a peaceful alternative. It offers a safe, family oriented program where everyone knows your name and children are encouraged to be children. Pressures for academic and social success often weigh heavily on students, yet at school the students quickly come to realize that they are loved and respected for their individuality and soul.
The impression that Our Savior’s School makes on students is best illustrated by the success stories of our alumni. Examples include graduates writing college admissions essays about their experiences at Our Savior’s, producing a nationally recognized documentary, and becoming part of an academic decathlon team. Our Savior’s School teaches students the best study skills possible, holds them to high standards, and instills a sense of personal worth through the many opportunities to challenge themselves in speaking, singing, and thinking. The best compliment of all is when alumni return with their own children and say, “My child is enrolling at Our Savior's because my experience here was so positive.”
Our Savior’s Lutheran School provides excellence in education in a Lutheran Christian environment and instills in its students the traits necessary to form healthy relationships based on character, integrity and mutual respect. Students, parents, educators, and church members celebrate and honor the diversity of gifts, abilities and backgrounds each contributes to the school community.
The school’s motto: "Love, Learn, Serve" is simple yet powerful. Our Savior's motto reveals the heart of the school, which leaves a lasting impression on its families and on the lives of people served by its students.
We are very proud that Our Savior’s Lutheran School is fully accredited by the ELCA. Accreditation is a very rigorous self-study in which schools examine and document their practices in curriculum, teaching, and leadership standards. The review team noted the following commendations:
1. Our Savior's Lutheran School and Preschool provide a nurturing, family-centered environment with a strong sense of welcome and community.
2. The facilities at Our Savior's are well-maintained, child-centered, and adequate for the current programs.
3. The entire staff understands and carries out the school motto, "Love Learn Serve."
4. The congregation of Our Savior's Lutheran Church views the school as a ministry and offers support spiritually, intellectually, and financially.
5. Our Savior's Lutheran School has a visible and involved leadership team made up of the senior pastor, the principal, and the ECC (preschool) director.
For more information on accreditation “Click Here”.